Friday 23 December 2011

Gothic Lipstick

Gareth Pugh is one of my favourite designers of all time! I love how gothic and sinister his clothing is, so I literally peed my panties when I heard that he was doing a collaboration with the make-up brand M.A.C. I just knew when I heard about the range it would be absolutely fabulous- he has toyed around with lightness vs. darkness, and black vs. white. Go to your local M.A.C store and check it out. I got even more excited when my friend posted this video created by fashion film director Ruth Hogben where she has unveiled Pugh’s first make-up range… take a peak, its quite creepy!
After watching this genius video I decided to do a post on gothic-glamour inspired lipsticks. I chose three colours; dark brown, dark purple and dark red. I want to show that you don’t have to wear black lipstick and cake on the white powder to add a little gothic glam to your look- lets not be too literal. However I did make a poor effort on my eye make-up (ooopps sorry), would get more of an effect with black Smokey eyes and thick fake eyelashes- to be fair I’m babysitting tonight so don’t want to go all gothic and scare the kids!
IMG_1542
This lipstick was Revlon- Choco-Luscious
IMG_1548
This one was Rimmel London- Kate Moss range- 04
IMG_1553
The third lipstick was M.A.C- M.A.C RED (sorry had to get cheeky pout in there, couldn’t help myself!)
Go wild with it,
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.